Club History

Founded with 45 members in 1922 by Mrs Livingston (Daisy) Farrand, the Ithaca Garden Club has grown in number and maintained its goal of stimulating interest in gardening, floral arranging, landscaping and enhancing our community’s appreciation for the natural beauty of Ithaca.

Members take great pleasure in learning and sharing with others as we are enriched and inspired by monthly programs given by fellow members, area experts and members of the Cornell community.

The Ithaca Garden Club is one of the oldest and largest garden clubs in New York State. Our fundraising efforts have funded numerous projects for the benefit of our local community.

Membership in the Ithaca Garden Club is limited to 130 active members. Applicants for membership must be sponsored by an Active member and endorsed by two other Active members.  Active members participate in Club activities and serve on committees.